In providing funding to patients with kidney disease or failure in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, it is imperative that the Kidney Society of St Vincent and the Grenadines develop and implement a creiteria upon which to grant funds to persons in need of assistance and it is as follows:
- Individuals may only seek funding twice a year.
- Individuals must be seeking treatment for Kidney related diseases only.
- Individual must show evidence of need.
- Individual must be a permanent resident and/or citizen of SVG.
- Hemodialysis patients: Individual must be making payments towards treatments to cover part of the treatment bills.
- Hemodialysis patients: Must be actively receiving hemodialysis for three months straight to qualify to apply.
- Individual must request assistance in writing and submit to the foundation via email or hand delivery.
- Individuals must be following the renal prescription ordered. Patients who are non-compliant with the treatment regime prescribed will not qualify.
- Funds given must be applied towards the cause within 3 months of grant approval.
- Any funds granted will be paid directly by the organization to the health services provider(s) on behalf of the receipient. No in hand cash pay-out will be provided.
- Funding range from EC$300.00 – EC$2,000.00 per application. Please note the funds provided are not always made for the full amount requested.
- Individuals requesting funding need to submit 1 to 2 page typewritten request for funding with evidence to support such a request or provide authorization to the organization to request such information from health service providers.
The correspondence must include the following:
- full legal name
- date of birth
- address and contact information
- Current medical situation
- financial and employment situation
- amount being requested.
- If medically insured, please indicate policy details and note your co-pay details.
- If you are a renal patient but not a hemodialysis patient, a medical letter of your medical regime will be required from your treating physician.
The foundation will review and advise within 2 weeks of approval and amount being approved. For medically emergent situations, timing will be expedited.